URGENT SUPPORT REQUEST!!!
This Mother's Day weekend, a group of mothers from across the nation who have lost their children to police or vigilante violence along with many supporters will gather on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC to demand changes in our legal system. #MillionMomsMarch is happening this Saturday! Whether you are able to attend the march physically or not, WE NEED your assistance to promote this historic event. Here are a few ways that you can help:
1) On Twitter? From now through Mother's Day weekend, retweet about the #MillionMomsMarch daily from Mothers for Justice United and also from Families for Justice (preferably several times per day)! You can also "like" and share Facebook posts from Mothers for Justice United's FB page and from Families for Justice's FB page.
2) Create your own Tweets and/or status updates about the march. Be certain to use the #MillionMomsMarch hashtag, and if you are able try to use relevant hashtags such as #BlackSpring and #BlackLivesMatter. (Including images and/or links typically increases the likelihood that people will retweet and/or “Like” it.) Also ask your followers to RT and/or share your posts!
3) Retweet and share others’ posts daily (from additional supporters in addition to those from Mothers for Justice United) about the march. Search the #MillionMomsMarch hashtag to find their posts.
4) Participate in our visual campaign! We have created a document that you can download from HERE. Print it out and fill in the reason you support this march in the space provided! Then take a selfie with it that you can subsequently blast on social media with the #MillionMomsMarch, #BlackSpring, and #BlackLivesMatter hashtag (and any other relevant hashtags). Nothing wrong with a selfie for a good cause, right? Pics of adults and kids of all races and backgrounds are welcome!
5) Participate in our written campaign! We’re seeking posts about why you are marching and/or supporting this cause! We will accept contributions from people who are attending the march and from those who cannot physically attend. Posts should be under 800 words and an image of some kind is strongly recommended, but not required. (Email the posts to email@example.com)
6) Make a donation to help offset the costs of the march and to support the mothers' travel and legal expenses!
7) Can't get to DC? Consider hosting a solidarity event in
YOUR city in conjunction the march...a spoken word event, a
movie night, an educational presentation, a service project, a
vigil, a social media campaign of your own to raise
We need and appreciate your support; if you wish, you can start right now! Together we can, and together we WILL use our voices and the power of technology for a better tomorrow.